What I would LIKE to do is have two medium sized panels on either side of the ceiling fan appear as if they are “floating” a couple inches from the ceiling, and then wrap a strip of LED lighting sandwiched between. If it works out, it’s going to look REAL nice.
The hardest part of building things and drinking at the same time is gluing my hands together. Creative license…
So, rather than step through all this crap, I’ve decided to just post a large collection of pictures for you to look at. Comment, ask questions. I’d be happy to answer. I’m into the whole project at about $1800 right now. The inside still needs to be finished, but I had to waterproof it before bad weather set in. More pictures to come! You can see from some of the pictures that I went back and forth on how it should look (like the diamond plate).
My baby! I must still find a name it. And finish the hatch. Including figuring out a way to latch it.
I purchased a trailer literally FULL of someone else’s garbage. It had every kind of fun imaginable! Fences, light bulbs, mirrors, lumber, hornets. Hornets? Yeah. 5 nests. Bunch of jerks.
Hornets and garbage removed, it was time to tear down and rebuild this trailer into something functional and build-worthy for future endeavors. I was able to sell $80 worth of someone else’s trash into my own green treasure. Better still, I have about $150 worth of usable lumbar salvaged (including 2×2’s, 2×4’s, and sheets of plywood) to go toward construction! SCORE!
Annndddd GONE! Sanded the entire trailer down to the iron (as best as I had patience to do). Removed the axles to flip them to the other side of the springs to increase clearance (maybe?).
I found a polish/primer that will bind with the remaining rust, spray on clear, and turn black over night to leave behind a smooth primer. I am considering coating the whole thing with bed-liner for further protection from the elements. This thing is 39 years old!!!!
And some hornets. Several. 3/4 corners of the inside have nests! This project is going to be a massive undertaking and departure from my typical projects, which in the past have ranged from DIY mouse traps to wine-bottle lanterns. No, friends… This is a whole new monster with a new set of challenges and tools required!
For a running total of the cost, keep your eyes on the bottom right hand corner of the homepage, and stay tuned as I update progress!